Taking into account the content of § 1 of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 16 March 2020 amending the regulation on the temporary limitation of the functioning of certain entities of the higher education and science system in relation to the prevention, counteraction and fighting COVID-19 (Journal of Laws item 455), from 18 March 18 2020 to 25 March 2020, the following principles of performing work by the University employees are introduced:
- In order to ensure the continuity of the University's work and taking into account the state of epidemic emergency, heads of organizational units of the University are obliged to organize the work of subordinate employees in a way limiting the performance of work by employees at the University.
- The University organizational units appoint persons on duty.
- In order to enable work outside the University, employees who do not have business mobile phones are asked to provide their superiors with other phone numbers to provide business contact.
- Persons working outside the University area perform their duties in accordance with the supervisor's instructions and are available at official e-mail addresses and at provided telephone numbers during working hours.
- It is unacceptable to use private mailboxes for business purposes.
- Matters should be handled electronically using the University email, the EZD system or other dedicated systems, or by phone.
- At the request of heads of organizational units, if it is necessary to enable work outside the University, access to the EZD system will be given to designated employees.
- Documents are signed using an electronic signature, including a qualified electronic signature.
- In the internal circulation, documents should be agreed via the EZD system, by phone or email.
- The University administration units do not admit visitors. Settling matters with the participation of visitors is exceptionally permissible only if the case is urgent and there is no possibility of settling it "at a distance".
- I recommend to use overdue holiday leaves – in agreement with the head of the unit.
- Urgent, necessary paper documents should be sent only to the General Administration Office.
- Access to the University buildings is only possible for employees on duty. Entering buildings and moving inside buildings should be kept to a minimum.
- Employees are obliged to comply with the principles of personal data protection, confidentiality of information, and the principles of occupational health and safety, also in the case of working outside the University.
- Please address any problems related to the implementation of this statement, and thus to the University's activities, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All of you will be notified of any changes via the University's website. Please, follow the announcements appearing there and comply with them.
Thank you for your support and responsible approach.
prof. dr hab. Adam Krętowski
In reference to the statement of 18 March 2020 regarding the rules for the provision of work by University employees from 18 March 2020 to 25 March 2020, taking into account the content of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 11 March 2020 on the temporary limitation of the functioning of some entities in the higher education and science system in relation to the prevention, counteraction and fighting COVID-19 (Journal of Laws, item 405, as amended), I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the information provided in the statement concerns the provision of work for the Medical University of Bialystok.
At the same time, I remind you that pursuant to art. 92 of the Act of 15 April 2011 on medical activities (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2020, item 295):
"Academic teachers of medical universities and doctoral students at medical universities or federations of entities of the higher education and science system conducting scientific activity in the field of medical sciences are employed in a medical entity referred to in Article 89 paragraph 1 or in the organizational unit referred to in Article 89, paragraphs 2 and 3:
1) in the task-based working time on the basis of an employment contract specifying didactic, research and health care services, including highly specialized services;
2) on the basis of a civil law agreement specifying, in particular, didactic and research tasks, and the provision of health services, including highly specialized services. "
Considering the above, the rules for performing duties in clinical hospitals and other medical entities employing academic teachers are determined by hospital directors and doctors managing individual hospital units.