We are pleased to announce that dr Agnieszka Dudzik, Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Foreign Languages, has been elected to serve a second term on the IATEFL English for Specific Purposes Special Interest Group (ESPSIG) committee. The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL) is a global professional membership association and a UK registered charity. It has been linking, developing and supporting English language teaching professionals worldwide for over 50 years. The English for Specific Purposes Special Interest Group is one of its 16 SIGs and represents professionals and practitioners in English for Specific Purposes (ESP), English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and English for Occupational/Professional Purposes (EOP/EPP). The mission of the SIG is to disseminate good practice in ESP and to promote models of excellence in ESP to ELT professionals in the UK and abroad.
Dr Agnieszka Dudzik started her first term as ESPSIG Joint Events Coordinator and Communications Officer in 2018. Some of the international conferences organised during her first term of office include
- Global ESP and technology – crossing the digital divide (Zurich, Switzerland; 2018),
- IATEFL ESPSIG & TED University: Current Practices and the future of quality in EAP and ESP (Ankara, Turkey; 2019),
- IATEFL ESPSIG PCE: Quality Assurance in ESP and EAP: academic and occupational perspectives (Liverpool, UK; 2019),
- ESPSIG Online Open Forum (2020),
- Language - Profession - Science 2.1 (Belgrade, Serbia; 2021).