The Faculty of Medicine has got the longest history in the Medical University in Białystok. It was established at the same time as the Doctor’s Academy in Białystok under the 03rd February 1950 Regulation of the Council of Ministers. In 1969 the school’s field of activity was extended following the establishment of the Division of Dentistry. Afterwards in the consecutive years new courses of medical education were introduced regularly. In 1999 the Division of Nursing was set up at the Faculty of Medicine, which subsequently became an independent unit of the University under the name of the Faculty of Nursing and Health Care. The 6-year medical training program in English started in 2004. In the Faculty of Medicine the medical courses of training in dental techniques were initialized in the academic year 2009/2010. The Faculty is authorized to grant the degree of Doctor - Ph.D in Medical Sciences and the degree of Doctor (Ph.D) Habilitated in Medicine, Medical Biology and Dentistry. In the successive years the Faculty saw progressive development of its research and teaching units, teachers and the emergence of new departments and clinics. In the Faculty the teaching, research as well as diagnostic and treatment processes are provided by 69 organizational units such as 26 departments, 40 clinics, 2 study centers and 2 independent laboratories.