C O U R S E R E G U L A T I O N S
governing students of the Medical University of Białystok
attending classes at the
DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY & HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY
in the academic year 2019/2020
1. Classes take place in accordance with the timetable which is posted
on the noticeboard next to room 4.26 in the department in the
Faculty of Health Sciences and on the department's website at:
2. Students’ attendance at lectures, classes and seminars is obligatory.
Students are required to make up the work missed as a result of
absences, irrespective of the reason for absence. The timescale and
form in which missed classes are made up is to be agreed with the
lecturer. However, under no circumstances is it permitted to miss
more than 20% of classes.
3. Lecturers conducting classes are available for consultation during
their office hours, by e-mail or telephone. Lecturers’ office hours
and contact details are available on the department’s website at:
https://www.umb.edu.pl/wnoz/studium-filozofii-i-psychologii-czlowieka 4. The conditions for obtaining a credit in a given subject, assessment
criteria and the form of the credit or examination, along with criteria
for granting exemption from a given subject, are specified in the
syllabus for the subject. Syllabuses are available for consultation
at the Department of Philosophy and Human Psychology and on the
5. A list of compulsory and recommended textbooks for particular
subjects is specified in the course syllabuses.
6. Students may consult their own marked written work by applying
to the lecturer responsible for the subject during his/her office hours.
7. Students will be informed directly of their examination results and
credit achievements by the lecturer in a given subject. Alternatively,
results will be posted according to the student’s academic record
log number (indeks) on the department noticeboard or sent by
e-mail to the students’ group representative(s).
8. In the case of non-attendance for the credit evaluation or examination,
the student is required to contact the lecturer responsible for the
subject during his/her office hours in order to arrange an alternative
time for the evaluation.
9. In order to gain confirmation of passing the credit or examination for
a given subject in their academic record log (indeks), students are
required to contact the lecturer responsible for the subject.
10. Students are entitled to appeal in the matter of their final assessment
grades (within 7 days of their announcement) to the Head of the
Department. Under such circumstances the Department Head may
require students to demonstrate their knowledge in the field of study.
11. The deadline for obtaining entries for final grades (signatures)
in students’ record logs for the academic year 2019/2020:
- for courses ending in the winter semester: 09.02.2020
- for courses ending in the summer semester: 21.06.2020
12. In any circumstances not referred to in the above REGULATIONS,
the REGULATIONS for STUDIES at the MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF