The Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Medical Analytics was established as part of Medical Academy of Białystok on 1 July 1977 by the decision of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. In the year 2001 the name was changed to The Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine.
Based on the parametric evaluation of scientific units conducted by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in 2017,
The Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine obtained the highest category A.
Currently, the Faculty comprises 30 organizational units, divided into 29 departments and 1 independent laboratory, with over 134 academic teachers (21 professors and 34 habilitated doctors) working full-time.
The Faculty educates students on the following courses:
- Laboratory Medicine (since 1977)
- Pharmacy (since 1987)
- Cosmetology (since 2009)
Both Laboratory Medicine and Pharmacy courses have been accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee. In 2012, Faculty has received institutional accreditation by the Polish Accreditation Committee.
At the Faculty degrees were obtained by:
- 1677 laboratory diagnosticians
- 1753 pharmacists
- 743 cosmetologists
In the academic year 2019/2020, the total number of students at the Faculty is 1232.
The Faculty offers PhD courses and postgraduate training of pharmacists and laboratory diagnosticians as part of the Faculty's Postgraduate Study Center.
The Faculty offers post-graduate studies in the fields of: "Dietary supplements in nutrition and sports"
The Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine is authorized to confer:
- PhD degree in medical biology (since 2000)
- PhD degree in pharmaceutical sciences (since 2004)
- habilitated doctor degree in medical biology (since 2005)
- habilitated doctor degree in pharmaceutical sciences (since 2012)
The Faculty offers doctoral studies:
- Doctoral studies in the field of medical and pharmaceutical sciences
- International doctoral studies in the field of medical and pharmaceutical sciences
- International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in biomedical research and biostatistics realised under COFUND project (lead together with the Faculty of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry and Division of Medical Education In English)
Of the employees of the Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine:
- 215 obtained the doctoral degree
- 76 obtained the habilitated doctor degree
- 41 were awarded the professor degree
The Faculty employees conduct research in cooperation with numerous Polish and foreign centres. The major scientific interests include e.g. new synthetic and natural drugs, evaluation of drug action mechanism, drug toxicity, the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic profile, drug form technology, medical diagnostics with special emphasis on the assessment of the pathomechanism of neoplastic, inflammatory and metabolic diseases as well as determination of their markers.
In 2012,The Centre for Innovative Research (CIR),which includes The Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine has received the status of the Leading National Research Centre (KNOW) - a prestigious award granted by the Minister of Science and Higher Education.