Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku. Visa Information.
  • Visa Information. English Division students
  • Treść niedostępna...

    Ostatnia zmiana 08.12.2023 przez Administrator UMB

    Visa Information

    In order to study in Poland, each student will need to legalize your stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland.

    The citizen of  the European Union and European Economic Area country do not need visa to study in Poland. They can enter Poland with his/her ID document (a valid travel document e.g. passport, or other document certifying his/her identity and citizenship) However, once they arrive they will need to register your stay in the country for longer than 90 days. You should apply to the Governor of Podlasie Region for a temporary residence permit

    If you are a non-EU citizen, you will need to obtain a visa at a Polish consulate in your home country before your arrival in Poland. Once you have arrived in Poland, you will need to apply for a temporary residence card in order to prolong your stay.

    All EU and non-EU citizens are obliged to legalize their stay in Poland if they stay longer than 90 days or their visa expiration date.

    Each student, has to apply for the Temporary Residence Card in the local Voivodeship Office. In order to follow the procedure a student has to submit:

    1.  valid passport( 2 photocopies)
    2.  travel documents (air tickets/boarding cards)
    3.  filled in application form – 4 copies (available from the Voivodeship Office) 
    4.  4 color photographs 4,5×3,5 cm (left profile) 
    5.  confirmation of local accommodation registration (from dorm or other address, where a   student will be accommodated-meldunek*)
    6.  state loan proof or bank statement confirming financial means for stay and study 
    7.  Dean’s certificate confirming student’s status. 
    8.  Insurance Policy covering travel insurance of stay in Poland


    All Documents have to either filled or  translated into Polish by a sworn translator.

    Residence Card is valid for 15 months+ 3 month extension. The stamp duty fees for a temporary residence card and procedure amount to 390 PLN.

    People who have received visas for the whole period of stay in Poland are not obliged to apply for a Temporary Residence Card.


    *Meldunek this is registration at the place of your residency in Poland. 


    The application should be submitted IN PERSON not later than on the last day of your legal stay in Poland. All non-EU students are strongly advised not to leave legalization of their stay for the last minute.


    Important links:

    Voyevodeship Office website:

    http://www.bialystok.uw.gov.pl/Channels/  -(in polish only)

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Poland and e-konsulat to apply for visa:


    Be aware that the visa application process may take long time. Please, before you will apply to our University make sure you will have enough time to obtain visa before the pre course starts.