Prof. Dr hab.n. med. Wiesława Ewa Niklińska
tel. (85) 748 54 54
ul. Waszyngtona 13,
tel. (85) 748 54 55
fax: (48)(85) 748 54 55
Department of Histology and Embryology was established in 1950 while the Medical Academy in Białystok was founded. The first chief of the Department was Henryk Godlewski (1950-1951), succeeded by Józef Biborski (1951-1953), Zdzisław Nowicki (1954-1955), Helena Lewińska (1955-1968), Leopold Rejniak (1968-1997), Bogusław Sawicki (1997-2009), and Zygmunt Mackevic (2009-). In 2009 the Department of Histology and Embryology was incorporated into the join Chair of Biostructure (Head, professor dr hab. Lech Chyczewski). The Department possess modern Class Hall equipped with microscopes and computers with the digital learning system for histology, embryology and cytophysiology.