International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences - additional admission:
Schedule of the admissions procedure for the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences at the Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine for the academic year 2018/2019:
Candidates applying for admission should register through online candidate registration and submit all necessary documents during 3-20 September 2018.
Interview date and time: 27/09/2018 11:00 a.m.
The results of the competitive procedure will be announced on 28/09/2018.
If any vacant spots are left, the date of publishing of the list of candidates accepted for PhD study year 1 may change.
Available positions: The enrolment limit for the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences is set at 12 positions.
Date and time details are also available in the News tab.
Each candidate should submit an undertaking to sign an agreement to participate in the project entitled "International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok” together with all the necessary documents.
- The competitive process consists of reviewing the candidates' submissions and carrying out interviews; than, a decision will be made to accept or refuse admission to a PhD course. The process is consistent with the project schedule, based on the pre-approved scoring system.
- Review of candidates' submissions consist of assessment of each candidate's predisposition to work in science and research. The purpose of the interview is to determine the candidate’s motivation, scientific potential and fluency in English.
- The candidates’ predispositions for work in science and research are determined on the basis of their research projects and prior accomplishments, based on the pre-approved scoring system. The research project (not longer than 3 x A4 pages, font: Times New Roman 12, leading 1,5) should present a concept of research work in the field of the candidate’s scientific interests (it may be a future PhD dissertation plan) with the proposed methodology. It should cover one of the scientific and research topics specified by the Faculty for future PhD students.
- The interview will be conducted in English, with the objective of determining the candidate’s motivation, scientific potential and fluency in English. Each aspect will be evaluated according to the following scale: very good (5), good plus (4,5), good (4), satisfactory plus (3,5), satisfactory (3), inadequate (0).
- A candidate to be enrolled for a PhD course must get at least 9 points during the interview assessment of their motivation, academic potential and knowledge of English, at least 7 points for their project, and a minimum of 25 points for the entire competitive process. A candidate who receives <3 points for fluency in English, <9 points for the interview or >7 points for the project will be rejected.
- Actual admission depends on the candidate's score in the competitive process and on the available positions determined by the Senate of the University.
A candidate can be enrolled for a PhD course if:
- The candidate is a Polish citizen or a foreigner, and
- Graduated from a second cycle of study with qualification or is a beneficiary of the Diamond Grant program, and
- Has a full legal capacity.
Foreigners can enrol and be taken in the program on such terms as prescribed by Article 43 of the Act of 27 July 2005 - Law on Higher Education (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2183, as amended) and the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 12 October, 2006 on taking up and pursuing studies and training by foreigners and their participation in scientific research and development work (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1501, as amended).
International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences are offered free charge to Polish citizens or persons meeting the criteria of commencement and engagement in university studies that apply to Polish citizens. Anyone else will have to pay for their studies in accordance with § 17, section 1 of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 12 October, 2006 on taking up and pursuing studies and training by foreigners and their participation in scientific research and development (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1501, as amended).
To apply for admission to a PhD study program, candidates need to register through the Online Registration of Candidates.
Candidates for the doctoral program are required to submit the following documents:
a) Applications for admission to the PhD program, duly filled in and signed, specifying the candidate's area of interest (selected from the list avaliable with the enrolment requirements) about which the candidate will be interviewed, and the candidate's consent to the processing of personal data (a printable form is provided in the candidate’s online account) – (WFM request).
b) A printed photo with a description (first name, surname, PESEL number), according to the requirements for a student ID and the same photo in digital format (uploaded to the candidate's account for enrolement purposes). The technical requirements applicable to photographs can be found on the University’s website.
c) The original or duplicate of the candidate's Master’s degree diploma in Poland or if the candidate graduated abroad, a diploma or another higher education certificate, recognized in accordance with the applicable regulations as equivalent to the Polish diploma for a Master’s program graduate; if the candidate is a beneficiary of the Diamond Grant program: decision of the Government Minister on the allocation of funds for research, a diploma for graduation from a first-cycle course or a certificate of completion of the third year of long cycle Master’s studies.
d) A transcript of average records throughout the course of study, issued by the competent Dean's Office (excluding the diploma and dissertation exam grades).
e) A project presenting the concept of contemplated reasearch work.
f) Specification of scientifc activities and accomplishments to date, complete with the relevant documents (printable form available in the candidate’s online account), prepared according to Appendix to the Resolution.
g) A certificate issued by a doctor of occupational medicine, to verify that there are no contraindications against undertaking doctoral studies by the candidate (the original referral to that doctor can be obtained at the Office of Promotion and Recruitment).
h) A photocopy of the candidate's identity card, certified by the University, notarized or authenticated by the issuing authority, or another identity document if the candidate does not have an ID card.
i) A declaration to sign an agreement to participate in the project entitled "International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok”.
Resolution No. 14/2018 by the Senate of the Medical University of Bialystok of 7 February, 2018 regarding the criteria, procedure and schedule of the competitive process of enrolment for full-time International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok for the academic year 2018/2019.
Funding to support extracurricular activities as part of the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences was obtained under the project "International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok”, implemented from 01/03/2018 to 28/02/2023, co-financed by the European Union with the European Social Fund under the Knowledge Education Development Operational Programme 2014-2020, Priority axis: III. Higher education for economy and development, Measure 3.2. Doctoral studies.
Each participant of the International doctoral program is required to complete all the tasks provided for in the project schedule, for which funding was received to support extracurricular activities.
More information about admission to the full-time doctoral program can be obtained at:
The University’s Promotion and Recruitment Office ul. Kilińskiego 1, 15-089 Białystok (left wing of the Branicki palace), telephone: 85 748 54 73, fax: 85 748 54 72
The office is open all year, from Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.