International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences
- additional admission
Schedule of the admission procedure for the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences at the Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine for the academic year 2018/2019:
The candidates who apply for admission should register electronically in the online candidates’ registration and should submit all the needed documents from 3rd to 20th September 2018.
The date of the interview: 27.09.2018 at 11:00.
The results of the competition procedure will be announced on 28.09.2018.
If the limit of places is not reached, the date of announcement of the list accepted for the 1st year of doctoral studies may change.
Limit of places:
The admission limit for the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences is set at 12 places.
The information about the dates is also available in the News tab.
Also, the candidate should submit the Declaration on the obligation to sign the Contract for participation in the project entitled „International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok” as well as all necessary documents.
1. The competition proceedings consist of documentation analysis and interviews, as well as decisions on accepting or refusing admission to doctoral studies. It is carried out in accordance with the project schedule and based on the pre-approved scoring system.
2. The documentation analysis includes the assessment of the candidate’s predisposition to scientific and research work. The interview aims to assess the candidate’s motivation, scientific potential and the ability to communicate in English.
3. The candidates’ predisposition for scientific and research work are assessed on the basis of the research project submitted by the candidate and the candidate’s previous achievements based on the pre-approved scoring system. The research project (no longer than 3 pages A4, Times New Roman 12 font, 1,5 interline spacing) should present the concept of research work in the field of the candidate’s scientific interests (it may constitute a future PhD dissertation plan) with a methodology proposal and it should within one of the scientific and research topics prepared indicated by the Faculty for the future PhD students.
4. The interview conducted in English will be aimed at determining the candidate’s motivation, scientific potential and candidate’s communication skills in English. Each element will be evaluated on the rating scale: very good (5), over well (4,5), well (4), fairly well (3,5), sufficient (3), insufficient (0).
5. The basis for admission to the doctoral studies is obtaining at least 9 points from the assessment of motivation, academic potential and knowledge of English on the basis of an interview, as well as at least 7 points from the project evaluation and obtaining a minimum of 25 points in competition proceedings. Obtaining less than 3 points for the knowledge of English, less than 9 points from the total evaluation of the interview or below 7 points from the project evaluation results in the candidate being disqualified from the further competition procedure.
6. Admission to studies is determined by the numer of points obtained during the competition proceedings within the place limit approved by the University Senate.
Admission for doctoral studies may be granted to a person who:
1. is a Polish citizen or a foreigner,
2. has a second degree qualification or is a beneficiary of the Diamond Grant program,
3. has full legal capacity.
Foreigners may undertake studies and take place under the terms of set out in Article 43 of the Act of 27 July 2005 Law on Higher Education (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2183, as amended) and the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of October 12, 2006 on taking up and pursuing studies and training by foreigners and their participation in scientific research and development work (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1501, as amended).
International dotoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences are free only for Polish citizens or persons who can undertake and conduct studies on the rules applicable to Polish citizens. Other people pay for studies in accordance with § 17, section 1 of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of October 12, 2006 on taking up and pursuing studies and training by foreigners and their participation in scientific research and development (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1501, as amended).
The candidate applying for admission to doctoral studies is required ro register electronically in the Online Registration of Candidates.
The candidate for doctoral studies submits the following documents:
a) completed and signed application for admission to doctoral studies with an indication of the area of interest (selected from the list given in the recruitment conditions) subject to interview, and consent to the processing of personal data (document available for printing from the candidate’s online account) – WFM’s request (Wniosek WFM),
b) a signed photograph (name, surname, PESEL number) compiant with the requirements for issuing identity cards and additionally the same photograph in the electronic version (uploaded to the recruitment account of the candidate). Technical requirements for photographs are placed on the University’s website,
c) a diploma or a duplicate of the Master’s degree diploma in Poland, or in the case of completing studies abroad: a diploma or other higher education certificate, recognized in accordance with separate regulations as equivalent to the Polish diploma of Master’s studies; for the beneficiaries of the Diamond Grant program: decision of the Minister on the allocation of funds for research, a diploma of completion of first-cycle studies or a certificate of completion of the third year of uniform Master’s studies,
d) a certificate of marks average from the course of studies issued by the relevant Dean’s Office (with the exception of the diploma and defense grade),
e) a project presenting the concept of reasearch work,
f) a list of scientifc activity and scientific achievements to-date, together with conforming documents (document to be printed from the candidate’s online account), prepared according to the Appendix № 2 to this Resolution,
g) a judgment of the occupational medicine doctor stating that there are no contraindications to undertake doctoral studies (the original of the referral to ta doctor is available at the Office of Promotion and Recruitment),
h) a photocopy of identity card certified by the University, notarized or authenticated by an issuing institution, or other identity document if the candidate does not have an ID card,
i) declaration on obligation to sign the Contract for participation in the project entitled „International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok”.
Resolution № 14/2018 by the Senate of the Medical University of Bialystok of February 7, 2018 regarding conditions, procedure and schedule of the competition proceedings for the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok in the full-time form of study for the academic year 2018/2019 (the original document)
To support the additional activities carried out as part of the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences funding was obtained under the project „International interdisciplinary doctoral studies in the field of medical biology and pharmaceutical sciences at the Medical University of Bialystok”, implemented from 01.03.2018 to 28.02.2023, co-financed by the European Union from the European Social Fund under the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development 2014-2020, Priority axis: III. Higher education for economy and development, Measure 3.2. Doctoral studies.
It is the duty of a participant of the International doctoral studies in the field of medical sciences and pharmaceutical sciences to complete all the tasks provided for in the project schedule, within which support for additional activities in these studies has been obtained.
More information on recruitment for full-time doctoral studies can be obtained at:
The University’s Promotion and Recruitment Office ul. Kilińskiego 1, 15-089 Białystok (left wing of the Branicki palace), telephone: 85 748 54 73, fax: 85 748 54 72
The office is open all year from Monday to Friday from 7.30 to 15.30.