Diploma/certificate recognition (nostrification)
Notice for foreign students applying to the Medical University in Białystok for recognition of a certificate of completion of secondary education.
A certificate of completion of secondary education must be recognized as equivalent to a Polish certificate of completion, in accordance with the applicable recognition procedures. Specifically, the applicant should submit the following documents:
1. Form of application for recognition of a certificate issued abroad ( download) and statement to the effect that the certificate was never subject to recognition procedures in Poland (download)
2. The original certificate with an Apostille or its authentic copy with an Apostille (certified copies will not be accepted)
3. The certificate of completion should state that the holder is entitled to apply for admission to any type of higher education school in the jurisdiction of the certificate issuing school . Otherwise, please attach a copy of certification of that entitlement, issued by:
- The competent education authorities of the country of jurisdiction for the certificate, or
- The diplomatic mission or consular office, accredited in the territory of the Republic of Poland, of the jurisdiction of the education system where the certificate was issued, or
- The Consul of the Republic of Poland in the jurisdiction of the education system where the certificate was issued.
— 4. A copy of the applicant’s identification document (page with the photo and personal details)
5. Authorization from the Medical University of Bialystok to proceed with the recognition process (download)
* Official recognition procedures do not apply to the following certificates/diplomas:
— Certificate of conformity with a a Polish certificate of completion of the respective level of education, according to the respective international treaty;
— - IB (International Baccalaureate) diplomas issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva;
— - EB (European Baccalaureate) diplomas issued by European Schools under the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools, executed in Luxembourg on June 21, 1994.