Information for foreign students – applicants to the Medical University in Białystok on recognition of a certificate of completion of secondary education.
A certificate of completion of secondary education must be acknowledged as equal to a Polish certificate of completion under the procedures of recognition.Therefore the applicant should submit the following documents:
1. An application form for the recognition of the certificate obtained overseas ( download) and the statement that the certificate has not been subject to the procedures of recognition in Poland (download)
2. The original certificate with Apostille or its original duplicate with Apostille (certified copy cannot be accepted)
3. The certificate of completion should state that its holder is entitled to apply for admission to any type of school of higher education in the country in the education system of which the school issuing the certificate operates. If the certificate does not show such a note mentioned as above, then please attach a copy verifying such an entitlement, issued by
- the education authorities of the country in the education system of which the certificate was issued or
- the diplomatic representation or consular office, accredited in the territory of the Republic of Poland, of the country in the education system of which the certificate was issued or
- a consul of the Republic of Poland holding office in the country in the education system of which the certificate was issued
4. A copy of the applicant’s identification document (a page containing a photograph and personal particulars of the holder)
5. An authorization for the Medical University of Bialystok to proceed with recognition process ( download)
* The following certificates/diploma need not be recognized:
-a certificate recognized as equal to a Polish certificate of completion of proper education under the provisions of international agreement
- IB diplomas (International Baccalaureate) issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva
- EB diplomas (European Baccalaureate) issued by the European Schools under the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools, concluded in Luxemburg on the 21st June 1994.