For all admission questions please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +48 85 686 5223
Important note: messages concerning admission sent to different address may not be responded to.
In order to qualify for admittance to the Medical University of Bialystok, each candidate must complete the official admission process via an
online registration system (please register with your valid email address which will be used during the entire course of study). In the event of any issue arising from the registration process, please send an email via our online registration system (-->report a problem) or to: email@example.com
For your application to be evaluated, you have to complete all required steps and press the SUBMIT button. Application not submitted will not be considered.
The Medical University of Bialystok does not offer 4-year MD programs taught in English.
6-Year English- Language MD Program Admission Requirements:
The 6-year MD program is offered for High School graduates who:
- possess a School Leaving Certificate; the certificate must contain a statement that its holder has the right to apply for a position within a University or Institute of Higher Education. Positive grades in two out of four subjects - Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics - must be shown on the certificate.
- or have passed the Matura Exam (High School Final Exam) in two out of four subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
Each candidate for a first year is responsible for providing proof of his or her qualifications for admission. Applicants are admitted on the basis of their position on the ranking list of candidates. The position on the ranking list is based on the total amount of points achieved in the following:
· Part I:
The number of points calculated from their grades recorded in the official high school transcript/maturity certificate/ and on the candidate request, grades recorded in the other certificates (SAT II subject test exam or other post-graduate university courses) The basis for the conversion will be an internal evaluation system* based on public information made avalible by High School or Ministry of Education from the candidate's country of origin. The minimum number of required points recalculated from the grades must be at least 100* Two grades out of the following four subjects are required and taken for evaluation: Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
In the event of the applicant being in the final year of study at high school, he or she should provide an official high school transcript showing grades achieved during the winter semester or final grades expected. Upon receipt of a high school diploma, the candidate is also under obligation to provide this to the University.
* in the event of the maximum number of placements not being reached, extended recruitment with a lower point threshold come into operation.
· Part II:
The number of points achieved during an interview* based on the candidate's motivation, predisposition and knowledge of the English language for medical studies and the medical profession - a maximum of 100 points.
*An interview will be scheduled under the conditions for submission of all required documents
*The candidate may be interviewed in person or by means of electronic communication, provided that all the required documents are presented and the recruitment fee is paid
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
1. Completed application form
An application form should be completed via our online registration system, printed out during the "required documents" step and signed with a hand written signature.
*applies only to candidates for studies who will not be of legal age by the date of the commencement of the academic year to which the recruitment relates.
2. School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma and, where applicable, Matriculation Examination
· Both documents must be presented as a true certified copy with Apostille;
· For the students from countries not covered by the Apostille Convention , a true certified copy with a legalisation stamp has to be obtained from a consul of the Republic of Poland in the country where the certificate was issued.
3. Required subjects:
Two out of four: Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
4. Eligibility declaration (if School Leaving Certificate does not contain a statement that its holder has the right to apply for a position at a Higher Education University).
A declaration clearly stating that the relevant certificate (School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma) entitles the holder to apply for admission to the university or any other higher education institution which grants academic degrees in the country where the certificate was issued.
This document should be completed and certified (with a signature and official seal) by:
· the higher educational authorities (eg. Ministry of Education) of the country, where the certificate was issued, or
· a consul of the Republic of Poland in the country where the certificate has been issued, or
· your country's diplomatic mission institution located in Poland
This document does not apply to prospective students whose School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma already includes sucha statemant.
5. Health certificate.
This must be submitted on an original health certificate form downloaded from our website or online registration system( "required documents" step):
6. Photocopy of the applicant's passport (the page with the picture and personal data)
7. Photocopy of the applicant's insurance card
8. 1 colour passport photograph (entire head must be visible)
Note: MCAT exam is not a requirement of admission.
ALL THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE PROCESS OF REGISTRATION WITH OUR ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM
After the candidate receives the Promissory Letter of Enrollment he/or she is under obligation to deliver an original or true certified copy to the Dean’s Office.
Applications or other documents submitted via email will not be considered.
All documents submitted must be originals or true certified copies. If the documents are not written in English, they must be accompanied by translations (into English or Polish) certified by an approved institution (e.g. the issuing body or a sworn translator). School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma and/ if apply Matriculation Examination originals must be delivered to the Dean’s Office for viewing prior to the beginning of the preliminary course.
The true certified copy with an Apostille and originals must be in the same language.
Attention: The applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered