Our Welcome Centre is here to help foreign students, PhD students and academic staff with all their issues. We offer them professional assistance with their life at the University and in Białystok.
Welcome Centre staff:
Our Welcome Centre employees are friendly, young people, full of energy and competent, willing to assist you with any problems you may encounter with your work or study at the University or with your everyday life issues, such as renting an apartment or dealing with authorities.
The Welcome Centre personnel are fluent English speakers, trained in assisting foreign students, who have attended international cooperation workshops, intercultural communication workshops, and specialized English language workshops.
You can receive the following from the Welcome Centre:
- University guidebooks, download pdf version here
- Student calendars, download pdf version here
- English-language document forms (e.g. for international travel),
- A set of University documents in English, in a friendly and easy-to-use format, including:
- The University Statute,
- The Rules & Regulations,
- The strategy outline,
- Specimen forms,
- Essential resolutions and ordinances for the University,
- Personal data protection documents, etc.
- Download the pdf version here
The Welcome Centre will help you with:
- Moving around the university
- Dealing with oficcial matters where no English language service is offered
- Handling University business such as where to go, who to ask, translation/interpretation for non-English speaking staff
- Buying a bus ticket
- Choosing the city district to live in
- Help in arranging a place in the student's dormitory, or in case of lack of vacancies in the student dormitory, provide contact details to a verified real estate office, which will help to arrange the formalities related to renting a flat or room
- Opening a bank account
- Making a doctor’s appointment, third party assistance if an interpreter is needed
languages: Polish, English, Italian
phone + 48 85 686 51 76,
languages: Polish, English
phone + 48 85 686 51 76,
Special COVID-19 line: (+48) 572 931 948 available Mon-Fri 7:30 a. m. -3:30 p.m,
The Welcome Centre is located in the right wing of the Branicki Palace, room 207.
Opening hours : Mon-Fri, 07:30 a. m. - 3:30 p. m.
A Suggestion Box is available for you at the door of the Welcome Centre, where we gather opinions from our students and visitors. We will do our best to put some of your best ideas into practice to deliver a perfect experience for you at MUB.
In September 2020, the International Cooperation Department completed the work on MyMUB, a smartphone app intended to make the everyday lives and experience easier and smoother for people who have come to our University from abroad. myMUB is completely free. The following modules are available: “About MUB”; “Campus” – an interactive map to make it easier for you to find your way around the school; “Guide”; “Class Schedule”; “Białystok”; “Currency Exchange”, and more. During the first two weeks, the app was downloaded almost 300 times.
Our Welcome Centre staff and the Promotion and Recruitment Office organize regular integration events bringing together the entire international academic community of MUB. For reports of our past events, go to: https://www.umb.edu.pl/en/student_life
The Welcome Centre intends to engage in more diverse activities in the future
The program is co-financed from the European Social Fund under the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development, non-competitive project entitled Improving the competences of the academic staff and the institution's potential in accepting people from abroad - Welcome to Poland implemented as part of the Action specified in the application for co-financing of project No. POWR.03.03.00-00-PN14/18.