A ceremony was held in the Presidential Palace on July 28, 2021, during which the Minister of State in the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Dera, on behalf of the President of the Republic of Poland, presented state orders and decorations awarded to persons of merit in the service of the state and society.
Among the honored ones were 8 academic teachers from the Medical University of Bialystok. The Knight's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta for outstanding services in the field of health protection and for achievements in the field of medical sciences were awarded to:
- prof. dr hab. Marcin Moniuszko, Vice-Rector For Science And Development
- prof. dr hab. Janusz Dzięcioł, Vice-Rector For Clinical Affairs And Vocational Training
- prof. dr hab. Irina Kowalska, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry and Division of Medical Education in English and Dean of the College of Medical Sciences
- prof. dr hab. Wojciech Miltyk, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine and Dean of the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- prof. dr hab. Sławomir Terlikowski, Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences and Dean of the College of Health Sciences
- prof. dr hab. Elżbieta Krajewska-Kułak, Vice-Dean for Evaluation and Science of the Faculty of Health Sciences
- prof. dr hab. Elżbieta Skrzydlewska, Head of the epartment of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
Order of the Rebirth of Poland, Polonia Restituta is the second most senior Polish civilian decoration (after the Order of the White Eagle), awarded for outstanding achievements in the field of education, science, sport, culture, art, economy, national defense, social activity, state service and development good relations with other countries. Established by the Government of the Republic of Poland by the Act of February 4, 1921 as the highest state decoration after the Order of the White Eagle. The Order's honor is guarded by the Chapter.